Saturday, October 21, 2017, at 8 pm, $15. Reserve 905-543-8512 or Book online.
The Sandplains Pickers are a new stringband from Southwestern Ontario, with musical styles ranging from old-time country and folk to western swing, and some blazing fiddle tunes. The band members are:
– Country and bluegrass favourites Darrin Schott on mandolin, fiddle, vocals, and Alison Schott on guitar, ukulele, vocals.
– Veteran singer and songwriter Ian Bell, on guitar, banjo, harmonica, concertina, bass, vocals.
– North American fiddle champ Shane Cook on fiddle and mandolin.
– Bass player Matt Rait on guitar and string bass.
They play mostly original songs by Ian, Darrin and Alison, and some songs by regional songwriters, that paint a picture of Southwestern Ontario from Backus Mill, tobacco kilns and farm kitchens to the Summer Garden dancehall, motorcycles and Port Dover fishermen. Expect some hot instrumentals that show off the virtuosic playing of Shane Cook, who is the only fiddler to have won both the Canadian and US fiddle championships, and of Darrin Schott, whose talents have led him to work with The Good Bros., Susan Aglukark, The Ennis Sister and Stompin’ Tom Connors.
Ronald Weihs, Judith Sandiford
To be added to Ron’s newsletter, email email@example.com
What went on at Artword Artbar?
Find any event since artword Artbar started. Everything that happened is still here, from 2009 to 2019!
Search by Category
Search by Month Posted
- What colour is your hair? May 23, 2022 Judith Sandiford